The ilusion of being skinny

12:14 Veave 0 Comments

Being one of those girls that has been showing an interest in fashion since their early age, I as well as many others passed through many and many of the infinite amount of fashion bloggers sites. As my 12 years old chubby (ehm, maybe more than chubby) self, I used to admire the world those girls lived in and their sweet little lifes. They were all so beautiful, so skinny, so stylish and they could eat and drink almost literally everything and could stay still the same - charming with an amazing figure. That time it was a great wonder for me but just a few years later when I gained a better perspective, I have started to quietly call this phenomen for myself the ilusion of being skinny.



Let me explain. When you are young (and I don't necessarily mean very young but fairly the whole time your are in your teenage years) you are very easily influenced by what you read and what you see, mainly when it comes from those you look up to. Firstly, I get the feeling that as well as them, also I can eat everything I want and be the same size as they are. And yeah, you guessed it, it didn't work for me.  Than I came across those who workouts regularly and eats pretty much (or very much) healthy, and I thought how easy it's gonna be to have this lifestyle as well. You might know it from your experience, it is not easy at all.

The thing with having a blog or actually posting anything on the Internet is that you get to choose what you post. Would you share all the aspect of your life with the rest of the world? Certainly not. And I'm not saying that is wrong - it is neccessary to have a privacy. However, what many people do is creating a fairytale. Many times you don't get to know about what kind of struggle is to life healthy and be skinny or just simply has the type of body you want to have. Yes, they are those lucky ones that look like how they want to no matter what they do, nevertheless, the rest of us unlucky ones may must try hard in order to get what we want. And sometimes the virtual world doesn not help. Because many times you don't get to know about all the ups and downs an how many times the particular person had to start over again, and you may feel demotivated and frustrated with your own inability to don't fall off the wagon.

So what do I mean with the ilusion? I mean the Wonderland in what is an incredibly easy to be who they are. To always look as they want to withoun any struggle and with many photos of their delicious meals, cakes, coctails, chocolate and wine. To always be so perfect with a great amount of social life and a huge amount of clothes. 

With a bowl of some delicious fruit,






P.S. From someone who has been trying to lose weight and make a lifestyle change. Sometimes you fall of the wagon for months. Sometimes you tell yourself you’re gonna start fresh on Monday and by Wednesday you’ve already fallen back off. There will be times where you mess up. If it’s only one meal, one day or a weekend or even a week or an entire month. Sometimes you have to restart a 100 times and it’s frustrating. It will happen. That’s okay and it will be okay. Learn to get back on track. And get used to it. Because the secret is to learn to forgive yourself and start over again. Just get up and leave the unhealthy habits behind you- over and over again. Every. Single. Day. You can do this. One day at a time. 

Please note: I am not saying that everyone is like that, I am just explaining a trend I noticed on an amount of blogs as well as I am not saying that you should want to be skinny and that is wrong if you are not, it is just something I want to be. Also I am not blaiming anybody for my problems, I am just talking about issues I experienced. 

0 comments: